Our Nature Camps, offered throughout the year, are a fantastic and fun way to immerse your child in the study of the natural world. Research indicates that children who understand more about the natural world around them will be better citizens of it. Our camps are a perfect way to spend the day when school is not in session. Our professional staff incorporates games, hikes, crafts, animal encounters, learning activities, and healthy snacks around a central theme.
Our camps are open to students ages 6-12 years old.
Students who are 6 years old need to be 6 by the camp date and have completed kindergarten.
Dates & Themes:
Monday, January 18, 2021 (MLK Jr. Day) - Frozen Fun! - FULL
Saturday, February 6, 2021 - What do Birds do in Winter?!
Monday, February 15, 2020 (President's Day) - All About Owls! - FULL
Price (per day camp): Members: $30 Non-members: $35
Pre-Registration is Required. Download Registration Form here:
Payment and registration forms may be mailed in or dropped off at the Sanctuary.
COVID-19 Winter Camp Policy
(This policy was put in place on May 21, 2020. It is subject to change based on updates given by the Governor or Ohio Department of Health.)
The Ohio Bird Sanctuary will be operating the 2021 Winter Camps following the guidelines put in place by the Ohio Department of Health. We will be following the plan outlined below:
- Camps will have a maximum group size of nine (9) students
- Weather permitting, we will be spending as much time as we can outside, so please dress your child for the weather.
- While outside, face masks are optional for campers. If we must spend extended periods of time inside due to weather conditions, we do ask that campers wear a mask or other face covering. We do have clean bandanas that campers can borrow for the day if needed. Staff will wear masks when inside.
- Surfaces within the Education Building will be cleaned and sanitized after camp.
- If Richland County goes into level purple, camp will be cancelled (In this case, you will receive full refund).
Camper Drop-Off Plan
- When dropping your child off at camp, you should come to the parking lot by the Education Building. Follow the signs directing you to drop-off location. Parents should remain in the car unless the camper needs assistance getting out of the car.
- An OBS staff member will greet cars and check the camper’s temperature using a touchless thermometer. (If any child has a fever of 100 degrees or higher, they may not stay for camp)
- The camper will then go in the Education Building to drop off any personal belongings and wash their hands.
During the Day
- Weather permitting, the camp will take place outside as much as possible. If weather requires us to be inside, we will go in the Education Building.
- Each camper will have a designated spot to put their personal items that is separate from others.
- Staff will wear gloves when serving snack.
Camper Pick-Up Plan
- When picking your child up at camp, you should come to the parking lot by the Education Building. Similar to drop-off, parents should remain in the car unless the camper needs assistance getting into the car.
- An OBS staff member will greet cars and confirm who you are picking up.
- Your child will then be dismissed to leave.
If you have any questions about Ohio Bird Sanctuary Nature Camps, please use the link below.