Our Nature Camps, offered throughout the year, are a fantastic and fun way to immerse your child in the study of the natural world. Research indicates that children who understand more about the natural world around them will be better citizens of it. Our camps are a perfect way to spend the day when school is not in session. Our professional staff incorporates games, hikes, crafts, animal encounters, learning activities, and healthy snacks around a central theme.
Our camps are open to students ages 6-12 years old.
Students who are 6 years old need to be 6 by the camp date and have completed kindergarten.
Three Day Camps:
July 8-10: Survival Camp (FULL)
July 22-24: Becoming a Naturalist
Come explore animals and plants that are common to our area! Hone your observation skills and identifying techniques to become a better naturalist!
July 29-31: Nature Detectives
Nature can be mysterious and fascinating. Thankfully, it leaves a lot of clues for us to investigate! From looking for tracks in the dirt to dissecting owl pellets, we will study the clues left behind by the animals all around us.
August 5-7: Survival Camp
Could you survive out in the woods? Learn survival techniques such as shelter & fire building!
Price (per camp): Members: $90 Non-members: $105
Pre-Registration is required. Download registration form here: Summer Camp Registration Form
Saturday, August 1, 2020 5:30 PM- 9:30 PM
Price: Members: $30 Non-members: $105
Pre-Registration is required. Download registration form here: Summer Evening Camp Registration Form
Payment and registration forms may be mailed in or dropped off at the Sanctuary.
COVID-19 Summer Camp Policy
(This policy was put in place on May 21, 2020. It is subject to change based on updates given by the Governor or Ohio Department of Health.)
● Camps will have a maximum group size of nine students
● Face masks are optional. Campers may wear a face mask, but they are not required by the Sanctuary. Our staff will not be wearing one.
● Surfaces within the Education Building will be cleaned and sanitized after each day of camp.
Camper Drop-Off Plan
● When dropping your child off at camp, you should come to the parking lot by the Education Building. Follow the signs directing you to drop-off location. Parents should remain in the car unless the camper needs assistance getting out of the car.
● An OBS staff member will greet cars, check that registration information is correct and up-to-date, and check the camper’s temperature using a touchless thermometer. (If any child has a fever of 100 degrees or higher, they may not stay for camp)
● The camper will then go in the Education Building to drop off any personal belongings and wash their hands.
During the Day
● Unless weather deems it unsafe, the camp will take place almost entirely outside.
● Each camper will have a designated spot to put their personal items that is separate from others.
● Staff will wear gloves when serving snack.
● Hand washing procedures:
○ Upon arrival for the day
○ After returning inside from outside play.
○ After going to the bathroom.
○ After touching animals.
○ Before eating
○ Prior to departure.
Camper Pick-Up Plan
● When picking your child up at camp, you should come to the parking lot by the Education Building. Similar to drop-off, parents should remain in the car unless the camper needs assistance getting into the car.
● An OBS staff member will greet cars and confirm who you are picking up.
● Your child will then be dismissed to leave.
If you have any questions about Ohio Bird Sanctuary Nature Camps, please use the link below.