Our Nature Camps, offered throughout the year, are a fantastic and fun way to immerse your child in the study of the natural world. Research indicates that children who understand more about the natural world around them will be better citizens of it. Our camps are a perfect way to spend the day when school is not in session. Our professional staff incorporates games, hikes, crafts, animal encounters, learning activities, and healthy snacks around a central theme.
Our camps are open to students ages 6-12 years old.
Students who are 6 years old need to be 6 by the camp date and have completed kindergarten.
Fall Evening Camp:
Saturday, October 10, 2020 5:30 PM- 9:30 PM
Price: Members: $30 Non-members: $35
Pre-Registration is Required. Download Registration Form here:
Payment and registration forms may be mailed in or dropped off at the Sanctuary.
COVID-19 Camp Policy
(This policy was put in place on May 21, 2020. It is subject to change based on updates given by the Governor or Ohio Department of Health.)
The Ohio Bird Sanctuary will be operating the 2020 Camps following the guidelines put in place by the Ohio Department of Health. We will be following the plan outlined below:
● Camps will have a maximum group size of nine students
● Weather permitting, we will be spending the majority of the camp time outside. (Exceptions include extreme weather events, bathroom breaks, hand washing, etc.)
● Face masks are optional for campers. Staff will wear masks when inside and cannot be 6ft from the students.
● Surfaces within the Education Building will be cleaned and sanitized after camp.
Camper Drop-Off Plan
● When dropping your child off at camp, you should come to the parking lot by the Education Building. Follow the signs directing you to drop-off location. Parents should remain in the car unless the camper needs assistance getting out of the car.
● An OBS staff member will greet cars, check that registration information is correct and up-to-date, and check the camper’s temperature using a touchless thermometer. (If any child has a fever of 100 degrees or higher, they may not stay for camp)
● The camper will then go in the Education Building to drop off any personal belongings and wash their hands.
During the Day
● Unless weather deems it unsafe, the camp will take place almost entirely outside.
● Each camper will have a designated spot to put their personal items that is separate from others.
● Staff will wear gloves when serving snack.
● Hand washing procedures:
○ Upon arrival for the day
○ After returning inside from outside play.
○ After going to the bathroom.
○ After touching animals.
○ Before eating
○ Prior to departure.
Camper Pick-Up Plan
● When picking your child up at camp, you should come to the parking lot by the Education Building. Similar to drop-off, parents should remain in the car unless the camper needs assistance getting into the car.
● An OBS staff member will greet cars and confirm who you are picking up.
● Your child will then be dismissed to leave.
If you have any questions about Ohio Bird Sanctuary Nature Camps, please use the link below.