Home School Program
The Ohio Bird Sanctuary offers programming for home school students,
and we would love to have your students join us once a month for some outdoor fun!
All classes for the 2023-2024 School Year are full!
Please consider joining us next school year! You can also check out our other program options such as Nature Camps and On-site Programs!
About the Program:
- Students Kindergarten through 12th grade are welcome to participate in our Home School Program. Kindergartners must be 5 years old by September 1, 2023.
- Each month we will explore a different topic through games, hikes, crafts, animal encounters, and more!
- We try to spend as much time as possible outside! Always come dressed for the weather!
- Parent Policy: To promote socialization and maximum participation, we have always encouraged parents to leave their children in the care of the OBS staff during the Home School Program. While parents are, of course, welcome to stay on grounds during the class, they will not be allowed to stay with the group during the class. Thank you for your trust and understanding.
- Each lesson is taught by trained outdoor educators who are certified through Project WILD. Learn more about Project WILD here.
Dates, Times, & Themes:
Home School Classes will take place on the second Thursday and Friday of each month. Four class options will be available:
Thursday from 10:00am-12:00pm, Thursday from 1:00-3:00pm,
Friday from 10:00am-12:00pm, and Friday from 1:00-3:00pm.
September 14 & 15: Pollination Station
October 12 & 13: Nocturnal
November 9 & 10: Autumn Leaves and Winter's Eve
December 14 & 15: Hibernation and Migration
January 11 & 12: Polar Science
February 8 & 9: The Changing Earth
March 14 & 15: Birds Abroad
April 11 & 12: Spring Has Sprung
May 9 & 10: Feathered Families
Please note that when you register your child, you will be registering them for all 9 monthly classes! Your child will be registered for the same class time each month, and you will not be able to switch times during the year.
Pre-Registration is Required!
Click the button below to be redirected to our online registration form!
Are you part of a home school group that wants to visit the Ohio Bird Sanctuary? Check out our Field Trips and other program options under the "Educational Programs" tab.